Toyota Prius Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so bought the 17 Prius 3 last week. First few days CEL came on turns out its the dumb people that don't know how to put on a gas cap.

Today I got all sides and the rear windows tinted. It was the first rain the car has really been in besides a weird shower when I was driving in the mountains. This morning was a lot of rain. I drove all the way to the window tinting place with the wipers on and I believe I left them on when I left the car.
Tinting place did the windows and I picked it up when they were closed. I started the car and ICE malfunction came up on the dash. It then went off. I just kinda shrugged it off like idk what that was. I put it in Drive and let off the brake.. Front Windshield wipers come on.

Here is the fun part, they only come on when you're off the brake. If you hold the brake they go off. Kinda crazy! Made it to Toyota 30 min before they closed. All techs already went home. Service manager pulls my fuse and tells me come back tomorrow. Good thing it's not raining!

Has anyone experienced this before? I read some threads on here about the back one after tinting and then stopped when it dried but really the windshield? That wouldn't be affected by the hatch at all right?

I tried the spare fuse and no luck there either.. I did read around the forums but no one mentioned how holding the brake would stop them then let off they start again..

Any insight in this?!?!? Bringing it in tomorrow again after work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you ever figure this out? I know it's been a LONG time ago but really need help here. 2017 Prius 3, had ALL windows & front tonight today. SAME identical issue's. I do believe tho I have a front window sensor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2017 I believe does have a auto rain sensor on windshield. I am currently having the same issue except I had my front windshield tinted. Anyway to disable the sensor instead of taking tint off? I'm Epileptic so I need the tint on the front windshield since I'm natural light triggered. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
'17 C 4
637 Posts
Anyway to disable the sensor instead of taking tint off?
Whoever did your tint did not do it right.
The rain sensor, headlight dimming sensor and some other things too I think are in a "box" mounted inside the windshield kind of behind the center rear view mirror.
There should not be anything permanently applied to the little "window" where that box looks out through the windshield.

Hopefully the tint company can remove just that piece and fix your problem.

BUT......OFF is OFF.
The sensor will not be active if you manually turn the wipers OFF.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Whoever did your tint did not do it right.
The rain sensor, headlight dimming sensor and some other things too I think are in a "box" mounted inside the windshield kind of behind the center rear view mirror.
There should not be anything permanently applied to the little "window" where that box looks out through the windshield.

Hopefully the tint company can remove just that piece and fix your problem.

BUT......OFF is OFF.
The sensor will not be active if you manually turn the wipers OFF.
With the wipers in the off position they're still on. Which that makes zero sense to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.