Toyota Prius Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Just bought a 2011 Prius to be my daily driver. It has 153k miles on it. Prior to buying it, the carfax states the engine/power train computer/module was replaced at 147k miles. With this said, when I started the car today, the check engine light was on. I turned the car off and back on, and the check engine light went off. Drove it for a bit and then came home. After a little while I started the car and the check engine light was back on. I went to autozone and had them scan it. The code U0293 was what the scanner was reading. Drove the car home and turned it off. Turned it back on to see what would happen with the check engine light, and the light was off again. Do you all think that there is an issue with the hybrid control system or do you all think there might be a faulty connection? With some research, I found the 12v battery could be bad. I checked it and the 12v battery reads 12.2 volts with the car off and 14.4 volts with the car running. Wanted to see if anyone had any similar issues and what they did to diagnosis/fix the problem before taking it to the dealership and spending an arm/leg to get it fixed.

Thank you!

Doug

·
Super Moderator
'17 C 4
637 Posts
12.2 likely indicates that the battery is failing.
A good, fully charged one should be about 12.8 and tenths are important.

The 14.4 is the charging voltage and really has nothing to do with the battery itself.
You could have the battery tested but that might not be conclusive either.
I suggest that a new one would be a good investment.
Be sure that it is fully charged before installing.........or immediately after.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts