Toyota Prius Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
My Prius has now run for almost 3 months just fine, until now. Cylinder one now is misfiring. Does it look like I should take off the intake manifold and clean whatever is fowling up there? It seems that cleaning the EGR Valve and the EGR Cooler was good, but not good enough, since the #1 cylinder is acting up.

·
Super Moderator
'17 C 4
666 Posts
It seems that cleaning the EGR Valve and the EGR Cooler was good, but not good enough, since the #1 cylinder is acting up.
If you ASSume that the cause is the same as it was the last time, it might be a big mistake.
This time, it could be a plug, coil of injector.
Do the basic tests first.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I put the Techron in my tank and it looks like it's working and the check engine light has gone away. If it starts misfiring again I will replace the coils.

·
Super Moderator
'17 C 4
666 Posts
I put the Techron in my tank and it looks like it's working and the check engine light has gone away. If it starts misfiring again I will replace the coils.
If it starts misfiring again, I suggest that you give it a healthy dose of Berrymans B12 Chemtool in the gas first.
Sometimes injectors are hard to clean.

·
Super Moderator
'17 C 4
666 Posts
It was $3.19 delivered free and I didn't need if yet, as the Techron seemed to be doing the job, but figured just in case, have it on hand.
Good price. Hope it doesn't leak in transit.
Since you will have it on hand, I suggest that you go ahead and use it after about 30 days anyway.
Then repeat the Techron every 6 months or so.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.