Toyota Prius Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 prius c three. I got the p0a80 code. I pulled the battery out and reconditioned the modules. One was bad and I replaced it. I balanced all the cells by hooking them in parallel and letting it sit for 24 hours. I put it back in and it won't start throwing the p0a80 code again and again. I disconnect the 12 volts power each time for 5 minutes to reset the code and clear it with the dr prius app. I let it sit overnight and still the same thing this morning. All the voltages are within .15 volts. A couple of times it threw p0adc, p0ae0, p0ae7 also. Those are relay related codes. It only threw those a couple of times and there not currently up. Any advise would be great. I need to get my car going.

·
Super Moderator
551 Posts
You need the help of a professional.
You can NOT "recondition" this type of battery.......despite what you may have heard.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need the help of a professional.
You can NOT "recondition" this type of battery.......despite what you may have heard.

It worked. I kept disconnecting the 12 volt system everytime to clear the code. It seemed it wasn't going to work after the zillionth time so I left the 12 volt hooked up. I tried it several hours later and it started. I put about 50 miles on it and the code disappeared. I drove rideshare all day, it ran fine.

·
Super Moderator
551 Posts
It worked. I kept disconnecting the 12 volt system everytime to clear the code. It seemed it wasn't going to work after the zillionth time so I left the 12 volt hooked up. I tried it several hours later and it started. I put about 50 miles on it and the code disappeared. I drove rideshare all day, it ran fine.
Well that's good.
But I repeat what I said earlier:
Those results that you got are mostly smoke and mirrors.
The 5 or so modules that tested really low the first time will be low again, in a matter of days, weeks or months.
And there are maybe 5 more that were moderately low and are still weak.

What you have done has accomplished NOTHING long term. (Except for the one you replaced.)

·
Super Moderator
551 Posts
I'm always up to learn something. What's the math and chemistry behind your claim?
There is no "math" as such.
The chemistry is: During charge and discharge cycles, some of the electrolyte eventually "wears out" as it chemically changes to something else that does not participate in the chemical reaction to make electricity.
Once the compounds change, they can not be changed back with simple electricity flow.

If you really want to know the whole story, do some searching.......and try to ignore "information" coming from anybody who stands to make money if you believe their smoke screen.

I am not saying that "rejuvenation" processes are completely useless.
I am saying that whatever little gain you might make is NOT worth the time and trouble and expense......because it is small and short lived.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts