Toyota Prius Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something terrible to my Prius C, just over 1 year old, this morning. While driving at a speed around 60km/h, suddenly there was a 'ding' and a message appear: hybrid system failure, stop immediately safely. The car then lost power within one minutes or so and could not be restarted. I managed to stop it at the roadside. This car as I said is just over one year old, fully serviced by Toyota.
This was a very dangerous situation, especially so if you are on the motorway.
The car got towed to the Toyota dealer by NRMA where I bought and service the car.
This was the first issue I have with this car. It was very scary.
Anyone have similar experience?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Something terrible to my Prius C, just over 1 year old, this morning. While driving at a speed around 60km/h, suddenly there was a 'ding' and a message appear: hybrid system failure, stop immediately safely. The car then lost power within one minutes or so and could not be restarted. I managed to stop it at the roadside. This car as I said is just over one year old, fully serviced by Toyota.
This was a very dangerous situation, especially so if you are on the motorway.
The car got towed to the Toyota dealer by NRMA where I bought and service the car.
This was the first issue I have with this car. It was very scary.
Anyone have similar experience?
Just the follow up:

After two days, Toyota finally found out what happened to my Prius c and fixed the car. It was a faulty fuel gauge. The car got no fuel in it but the displays indicated half full.
Did not think of that until the diagnosis.
Fuel gauge fault can be very dangerous too as the car suddenly lose power. Anyone have the same problem? Heard of something similar?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A correction, when the incident happened, the displays showing two bar of fuel but the tank actually got no fuel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow that is a little scary because me and my wife just bought a brand new 2015 Prius c...the scary thing would be if she was on i35...one of the most dangerous highways here and Texas and that happened....

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
518 Posts
Well I encourage you not to panic.
EVERY car ever built can have something go bad such that it stops running.
I've been following Prius forums for about 3 years now and reports of sudden death are few and far between.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts