Toyota Prius Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought a 2001 Prius yesterday. It has 66,000 miles on it and seems to work/run great. Is there anything that I need to be thinking of??
I am considering taking it to a local Toyota dealer and having them give it a "once over" for the electrics and things.. I hear stories in reviews about the battery going bad and things like that...I did find a place on the internet that will "teach" me how to replace/rebuild the batter for considerable less than the dealer charges...(it's out of warranty anyway).

I am also thinking of running the VIN and finding anything that has been done to it by Toyota.

I read something on here about a recall on the steering..Should I take it in?

Please help, I would rather do a little preventative maintenance than do a whole lot of corrective maintenance down the road.

Love the car...and gas mileage.

Thanks
Darrin

·
Registered
1 Posts
What information can be obtained, and what is this VIN code?
The VIN of a car is an analogue of a person's fingerprints. Absolutely any seemingly identical copies of the same make and model of a car, which have absolutely no differences - they all have their own individual history and only their inherent nuances. A set of these distinctive features is encoded in the personal code of the car - the so-called VIN-code. I checked my vin check code on the website Free VIN Check of your vehicle | VIN Report | VinGurus . It is easy to use and high quality information

1 - 2 of 2 Posts