Toyota Prius Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I joined in hopes someone has a solution for my problem. I have a 2017 Prius Touring model and the mpg and the score bounce all over the place. This has been happening for a couple months. I have 29,000+ miles on it so I hope someone out there can give me solutions and that it is not an expensive fix. The mpg will go from 20 way up and back down while the 'score' will do the same. Before this occured I was getting around 50 mpg but now
it seems to settle around 38/39. Thanks for your insight.

·
Super Moderator
'17 C 4
637 Posts
Did you check that "50" that it was showing you against the actual "distance divided by fuel" number ?

ALL of those displayed numbers are really just rough estimations and often won't be anywhere close to accurate.
Simply switching the MPG display from "long term average" to an immediate estimation will make it act differently.

Having said that, noticing a big change in the estimated numbers might be cause for concern.
Brakes could be dragging. Tire pressure could be WAY low. Other things too.

The problem with getting it checked out is: The shop typically will NOT know what to do if it seems to be running right AND the diagnostic computer shows no trouble codes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts