Toyota Prius Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a glitch that allows the car to run without the key inside?

I got a little drunk on Sunday and my friend drove me home in my car (2006 Prius). She swore she left the key in the cupholder inside the Prius. I couldn't find it, but figured it might be in the car somewhere. Before work Monday I hit the ignition and it started right up. I drove to work. Out of habit I hit lock on the door as I left my car and heard the prius unlock itself after the doors shut (signifying it recognized the keys inside). After work I drove home. Monday night I couldn't find the key in the car, I tore the thing apart. Tuesday morning I went hit the ignition again and it wouldn't start. I tried again and it starts. I drive to work. Tuesday night I go to leave work and it won't start. I have looked everywhere in the car for these keys. Now I'm thinking it maybe glitched out? Or perhaps the key was sitting on the outside of the car somewhere and managed to hang on for a couple days and fell off on my way to work Tuesday.

Does any of this sound plausible?

Thanks for your input!

Josh

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can't figure out how to delete this thread, so I'll just reply with an update.

The key had survived a couple days of driving back and forth from work sitting by my windshield wipers.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
518 Posts
I could delete it but won't because other owners might find your experience informative.......if they remember it down the road if/when they really need it.

Thanks for sharing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts