Toyota Prius Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2010 Prius is in pretty good condition as I diligently changed oil, spark plugs and stuff routinely, but the hybrid battery has crapped out and needs to be replaced. My usual technician quoted me $2800 to replace the battery and tires ($2000 for a refurbished battery and $700 for the tires), but he suggested I just get a new car since who knows how long before the next big repair comes along. Needless to say I desire a second opinion as my wife and I hardly drive it at all (the only reason I need to address this situation is because I need to get an emissions check to register my car). My car has 150k miles on it and reading other posts it sounds like I should be able to get another 50-100k out of my car since I have kept it in good shape.

Also does anyone have any recommendations on finding reputable service provider for replacing my battery? I know the local Toyota dealership in southern CT will try to jerk me around (since that is why I stopped going there in the first place...) and I would rather not go to my usual place since I am going against their advice.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts