Toyota Prius Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking for feedback on Hybrid2Go as our 2010 Prius with 110k miles needs a new battery pack. We’re in Scottsdale AZ in case anyone has other suggestions for other shops, and the fault code it’s showing is P0a7f, for what it’s worth (maybe our normal mechanic that doesn’t work on hybrid systems is missing something).

Also, I'm assuming I should replace the inverter and the battery right? I guess I'm not understanding why one would only replace the inverter except for very premature failure.

Thanks!

· Super Moderator
'17 C 4
755 Posts
Also, I'm assuming I should replace the inverter and the battery right? I guess I'm not understanding why one would only replace the inverter except for very premature failure.
NO. No reason to replace something that has not failed.
I suggest that it would be worth the cost to get it diagnosed at a dealer BEFORE you spend a lot of money on a guess.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Point taken.

We've had such bad luck with local dealers and mechanics, like being told we need a new transmission when all we really needed was a brake light switch (other car). Maybe what we really need is a reference to a good local hybrid shop or a strategy for researching this as my confidence in finding one is low right now.

· Registered
12 Posts
Point taken.

We've had such bad luck with local dealers and mechanics, like being told we need a new transmission when all we really needed was a brake light switch (other car). Maybe what we really need is a reference to a good local hybrid shop or a strategy for researching this as my confidence in finding one is low right now.
Just Asking....You can't find a reputable enough Toyota dealership to validate their findings?

Respectfully I suggest that you're going to be required to acquire some knowledge then commit to making an appointment. (Sorry)

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just Asking....You can't find a reputable enough Toyota dealership to validate their findings?

Respectfully I suggest that you're going to be required to acquire some knowledge then commit to making an appointment. (Sorry)
I'm not entirely sure what you mean (I am here to acquire knowledge?!?) but our local dealers haven't been honest with us in the past. I can pretty much guarantee we'll be told we need the works. It wouldn't be unusual to get a "diagnosis" without them actually running a diagnosis - this is a common scam. At best they will base the diagnosis on the fault code I listed. Maybe the problem is a lack of decent service writers in our area...?

What I really need is a referral to a reputable shop in the Phoenix area. (And if I've -and others- just had bad luck at the dealerships, which one is recommended?)

· Registered
12 Posts
I'm not entirely sure what you mean (I am here to acquire knowledge?!?) but our local dealers haven't been honest with us in the past. I can pretty much guarantee we'll be told we need the works. It wouldn't be unusual to get a "diagnosis" without them actually running a diagnosis - this is a common scam. At best they will base the diagnosis on the fault code I listed. Maybe the problem is a lack of decent service writers in our area...?

What I really need is a referral to a reputable shop in the Phoenix area. (And if I've -and others- just had bad luck at the dealerships, which one is recommended?)
So sorry for your troubles, perhaps others on the forum can tell you where to go in or out of Phoenix

· Registered
1 Posts
I’m looking for feedback on Hybrid2Go as our 2010 Prius with 110k miles needs a new battery pack. We’re in Scottsdale AZ in case anyone has other suggestions for other shops, and the fault code it’s showing is P0a7f, for what it’s worth (maybe our normal mechanic that doesn’t work on hybrid systems is missing something). Also, I'm assuming I should replace the inverter and the battery right? I guess I'm not understanding why one would only replace the inverter except for very premature failure. Thanks!
My experience with them are not good. Battery will last about 2 month and failed. And they give u the runaround when u ask about their warranty. Total waste of money

1 - 8 of 8 Posts