Toyota Prius Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I am Bill....I am in mid Michigan, North of Midland. I would like any help for getting the best mileage that i can. I had a 2012 a few years back and got around 70mpg in summer and 40mpg in winter. I learned to drive with a light foot and coast when i could. Looking at my screen is a little confusing, so would like hints for best settings. Thanks a lot Bill.....:| did bump tires up by 10 lbs.

·
Super Moderator
519 Posts
Welcome Bill.

There are no "settings".

Driving conditions and the driver's "style" are the biggest factors.

What you did with your last car should be fine. Don't worry about it.

P.S. If you really do get an actual 70 MPG over any extended period of time you are WAY ahead of the average driver.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi.
I just bought a 2018 Prime on March 2nd. My other Prius is an '04 with over 213,000 miles. For mileage, you need to coast a lot. And when you brake, use the "B" setting to save the brakes and extend the slow-down process. The "B" doesn't regenerate more electricity than using the brakes only. But it stretches out the braking process. Avoid full stops if possible. Good luck. With our first tank of gas, we briefly reached 71 mpg today. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
519 Posts
The "B" doesn't regenerate more electricity than using the brakes only. But it stretches out the braking process.
And gains you absolutely NOTHING. An unnecessary hassle.

If you go from 60 MPH down to 10 MPH using only the regen braking, it makes absolutely no difference to the energy recovered if you do that in 5 seconds or 60 seconds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts