Toyota Prius Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems to only happen w my daughter but she says she cant get it to start. Puts foot on break, and then hits the start button but gets nothing and nothing on the dash screen either. When I start it it seems to work.
I checked the 12 and it read 14.2 so I think I am good there.

Is there anything she may be doing to not get the dash to come up. These starting systems can be fickle with newbies.

Wife says we need to take to shop and of course I am trying to avoid that.

·
Super Moderator
519 Posts
I checked the 12 and it read 14.2 so I think I am good there.

Is there anything she may be doing to not get the dash to come up. These starting systems can be fickle with newbies.
That voltage measurement means NOTHING because the car was "running" at the time.

To check the battery, it needs to be completely OFF......because you measured the charging voltage not the battery itself.

Then......knowing EXACTLY what does and does not happen when it fails is essential to figuring this out.
If it is completely DEAD, that's one thing.
If it lights some lights but just won't go into "ready" mode, that's entirely different.

TIMING is critical. There is a tiny delay after you step on the brake, maybe a half a second.
But it IS possible to hit the button during that delay and have it fail. I do that quite often.

It is NOT possible to hit the brake and button at the same time and have it work consistently.
Young folks tend to get in a hurry sometimes.
I, however, have no excuse.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts