Toyota Prius Forum : Toyota Prius Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 Prius worked fine until I backed it today and turned it off. When I tried to restart it, the instrument panel/dash lights flickered on and off several times then went completely off. They will not come back on. The car will not start, the back doors and truck locked and will not unlock. The driver window is down and will not go up. The 12 V power is OK. The brake lights work. Can anyone provide a suggestion as to what is wrong and how the problem can be fixed.

·
Super Moderator
505 Posts
The 12 V power is OK.
No it is NOT. What exactly makes you think that ?

Without an understanding of power circuits and a voltmeter, there probably isn't much you can do.

First, the 12 V battery needs to be tested. The brake lights working likely means little to nothing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, first of all we must acknowledge what the problem lies in. I assume that the problem is related to the electricity, so just try to find a server where they deal with the electricity issues, and they will help you the best way, I am absolutely sure. When I have any problem related to the electricity, I contact this company https://bates-electric.com/locations/st-louis-mo/, but to be honest, I do not have a car, so I am not sure they also provide service for the car's electrical part. Anyway, if you want, you can contact them and ask. Stay safe and have a blessed day!

·
Super Moderator
505 Posts
I assume that the problem is related to the electricity, so just try to find a server where they deal with the electricity issues, and they will help you the best way, I am absolutely sure.
And that implies that you are absolutely sure that good help can't be had HERE.
That is not a good assumption.
;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts