Toyota Prius Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 XLE AWDe (just got it on 9/30 to replace my 2006 Prius and I'm loving it!). On the M.I.D. there are, what I consider, useless reminders such as:

Whenever I change the status of the cruise control (turn on/off, raise/lower speed, etc) a reminder displays reminding me how to use the cruise control.

Also when the cruise control is on, at certain points the radar distance setting shows. I don't recall what action exactly causes that to display, but I thought, "I know what it's set at. I didn't need to be reminded of that just now!"

This is the most useless of the bunch: when I get in the car it tells me how to start it!

There are useless reminders that I've seen, but what they say isn't coming to mind right now. They're pointless - especially after you've been driving the car for a while.

Yes, I know it's nit-picking - believe me, my wife is sick of hearing from me about it!

My guess is the answer is probably "No" but I thought I'd give it a shot anyway: is there any way to disable those? I haven't seen anything in the Car settings, so I'm wondering if maybe there's a hack to do it.

·
Super Moderator
549 Posts
Yes, I know it's nit-picking - believe me, my wife is sick of hearing from me about it!
And SHE is probably right. :eek:

First, there is the OWNERS MANUAL.
Second, there is your Toyota dealer.
Third, is a support call directly to Toyota.

We really don't have a lot of active users here.......and the odds of getting any useful answers here is really pretty slim I think.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Easy Rider.

Like I said - thought I'd give it a shot anyway.

Is there a more active forum for Prius owners?

Are you familiar with PriusChat.com?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks, Easy Rider.

Like I said - thought I'd give it a shot anyway.

Is there a more active forum for Prius owners?

Are you familiar with PriusChat.com?

·
Super Moderator
549 Posts
nikkireed:

What gives with you anyway ?

One of your posts today smells a lot like SPAM.
And the other 6 seem to be just a copy and paste of what somebody else has said.

I am about 2 seconds away from banning you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts