Toyota Prius Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I was driving my Prius today when a jerk passed me legally and when he passed me there was so much smoke coming from his tail pipe. I was just thinking what a jerk for polluting so much like that.. I looked at my boyfriend and said it's so selfish... like cmon people get smart and get a Prius already sheesh.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This heavy smoke is frequently caused by a burst head gasket, a damaged cylinder, or a cracked engine block, all of which cause coolant to burn. A coolant leak, which can cause overheating and damage to your engine, is usually indicated by thick white exhaust smoke. This is most common for all cars, but not all the time. I've bought a used truck from https://www.truckexporter.co.uk/product-category/trucks-for-sale-uk/ and it doesn't make black smoke at all.

·
Super Moderator
581 Posts
This heavy smoke is frequently caused by a burst head gasket, a damaged cylinder, or a cracked engine block, all of which cause coolant to burn.
No, no, you don't understand.
In the US, it is most often caused by illegal modifications to the engine making it smoke like that on purpose.
It is some kind of a "bad ass" badge.
I think it is more like a billboard saying: "Look and how big a dumb ass I am." :oops:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts