Toyota Prius Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to this site. My son owns a 2015 Prius and loves it. I'm considering buying a 2017 Prius C One with 63,500 miles on it. Can you give me any advice or what I should look out for. I concerned about the battery life with 63,500 miles on it. Any information is appreicated.

·
Super Moderator
519 Posts
The 12 V battery may be due for replacement but the HV hybrid battery seems to be more affected by age rather than usage (mileage).
My guess is that you should have another 5 years or 50K miles left on the Hybrid battery.
Check out what the original warranty was/is on the hybrid components. That is transferable

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Easy Rider,
Thanks for your reply. This forum has been great! I'm getting a lot of information. I'll ask about the 12V battery. Is that an expensive battery to replace? I've read that these cars can last 200K with proper maintenance & new hybrid battery. The tires are brand new.
Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is the 12 volt battery in a hybrid any different than the battery in a regular car? Also if the car doesn't start can I get a jump start on using this battery the way I would on a regular - non hybrid car?

·
Super Moderator
519 Posts
Is the 12 volt battery in a hybrid any different than the battery in a regular car? Also if the car doesn't start can I get a jump start on using this battery the way I would on a regular - non hybrid car?
They are a different size (smaller) but a bit more expensive because of less demand.
Certainly less than $200 no matter where you get them.

The answer to your second question is:
It depends on exactly how the battery has failed.
Usually, yes. Sometimes, no.
That is pretty much like any car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
my ex wife is having a prius c, it has got something like 80.000 miles and she is yet to have any kind of problems with the batteries

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your replies. I test drove the car and I liked it but it doesn't have a rear view camera. I researching that now.

·
Super Moderator
519 Posts
Thanks for your replies. I test drove the car and I liked it but it doesn't have a rear view camera. I researching that now.
What exactly are you "researching" ?
While I don't know for sure, I think adding one would be a major hassle.
If that is an important requirement for you, finding one that came with it stock likely would be a better option.
In '17 that might mean a trim level 4.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts