Toyota Prius Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the biggest rim size in terms of width and diameter i can fit on a prius before i need to do any major modifications?

Maybe along the lines like that ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
When you say something along the lines like the one above, I will assume you want your Prius ride height to be similar to it. Well we can safely say that going any bigger than a 18 inch wheel with that sort of stance will cause rubbing. Width, can't go too wide on these, they were mainly built to be a A to B car. 9 inches wide is what i've seen the widest on a Prius

so 18x9

·
Registered
68 Posts
18x9 seems pretty wide, and would lower the Prius fuel economy by a lot, giving it heavy wheels and a such a width that isnt needed on the Prius.

Id just go for the volk only prius made wheels only weighing in at 10 LBS each.

·
Registered
9 Posts
No really, how is your MPG after those huge wheels were fitted? I did not know that the R8 had the same offset as a Prius? I hope you got a great deal on them, lovely wheels in their own right!

·
Registered
9 Posts
No really, have you measured your mileage after installing those wheels? I had no idea that the Prius had the same offset as an Audi !!!! Hope you got a great deal on those wheels, they are lovely to look at.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts