Toyota Prius Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i have a 2013 prius C One and i am having a hard time installing the back up camera.

i bought the cd Player 100023, which is from the same year and model prius, but a higher mode, Prius Three.

the radio works perfectly. all connectors match perfectly.

now to the problem. i bought the 16 pin plug for the rear view camera, connected it, got the 12v power for the rear view camera from the taillight reverse bulb, and also got the reverse signal to the radio from the 3D connector located behind the driver knee panel.
from what i have googled, everything seems to be connected properly; however, camera still not pop on when i put car in reverse. do you guys have any idea on what i am doing wrong

i have attached five images to make it easier for you guys to see how I connected everything.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content
Hand Hood Leg Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Automotive lighting Hood Light Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Typewriter Office equipment Audio equipment Input device Electronic component

Hand Light Finger Circuit component Computer hardware

Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My guess:
In 2013, the Prius C trim level 3 did NOT come with the backup camera......and thus the head is not equipped to do that.
the cd player does have the option; otherwise, it would not have the connection to the 16 pin. plus, i have seen on a few tutorial, people installing rear view cameras to this specific cd player, but for some reason i am not being able to get it to work doing pretty much the same steps. but thank you for your idea and comment tho !

1 - 2 of 2 Posts