Toyota Prius Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Prius IV which I love but my paint is chipping off and I asked my Toyota Dealer, they said if they hear anything they will let me know REALLY! My daughter has a 2012 Blizzard white doing the same thing is there a recall on the Blizzard White I have never had a car do this and it garaged all the time :( really disappointed.

·
Super Moderator
'17 C 4
603 Posts
Well the car IS 12 years old. Some degradation of the appearance is to be expected probably.
Exactly where is this chipping occurring ?
And is there any underlying corrosion at those places ??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the car IS 12 years old. Some degradation of the appearance is to be expected probably.
Exactly where is this chipping occurring ?
And is there any underlying corrosion at those places ??
At the top of the door near the window on both sides and my daughters is chipping in the same place, I of course realize it is not a new car that being said have never had a car do this and this is my second Prius not to mention my car is garaged and my daughters is not both chipping the same way. Just curious if anyone else with Blizzard White was experiencing this issue.

·
Super Moderator
'17 C 4
603 Posts
Just curious if anyone else with Blizzard White was experiencing this issue.
I've had two and didn't notice it on either one of them.
But they weren't nearly that old either.
It is possible (likely?) that the color isn't really a factor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had two and didn't notice it on either one of them.
But they weren't nearly that old either.
It is possible (likely?) that the color isn't really a factor.
After checking on the Toyota nation site I have discovered that this is a real problem and Toyota extended the warranty on all models except the Prius and the Highlander which I find rather strange :( as there are many owners with the same problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm sorry to say, I just sold a 2012 Highlander with several areas on the roof as large as your outstretched hand where the paint had chipped off. When I contacted Toyota, they said no recall had been issued due to the fact that no issue exists. I now have just bought a 2013 Prius V with the same paint. I know....I hope I don't regret my decision to buy the Prius.
I guess time will tell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts