Toyota Prius Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy my first Prius and I am not sure what the advantages and disadvantages of the regular Prius, Prius prime, and Prius c are. Can anyone give me pros and cons to each model. I am looking at 2017-2019.

Thanks

· Super Moderator
'17 C 4
755 Posts
Do you really not have a clue as to what the differences ARE ??
A few minutes with an online search should fix that.

C.....smaller and lighter. May or may not get better gas mileage that it's big brother depending on how and where you drive. Price is often a bit less, all other things being equal.

Prime......a standard Prius with a bigger battery that can be plugged in for ~20 miles of electric only operation.
More expensive.

No hybrid might not be a good choice economically, compared to a Corolla for instance, because of the higher initial price. It might take a LONG time to make up the price difference with less fuel use alone........or never.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the replay, and to answer your question, I have searched google and read about the different models, Regular Prius, Prime, and C. But I like to get people who actually own them and have real-world experience with them that can shed light on things that are not obvious in the brochures or manufactures ads.

For instance, I have not read that the Prime had a bigger battery, thank you for sharing that.

So if one was more than likely never going to plug in the prime there would be no other reasons to go with the prime?

Thank you for any info you are willing to share.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts