Toyota Prius Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I have a 2016 Prius 3-Touring. I've owned it for less than 30 days. It's been back to the dealer 3x already for a mystery vibration noise in the driver's side dash area that occurs more when accelerating, but also seems to just happen randomly. They've removed various parts of the dash and wrapped bits in foam tape. We thought that the problem was fixed as of today and then it started again, though muted ringtones. The fact that it is muted suggests that they are addressing the symptom, but not the underlying problem. I'd like to know if anyone else has had this problem? When we bought this car they said that they'd been selling lots of these cars, but surprisingly ours is the "first" that they've seen with this issue. It's super annoying - especially in a brand new car. We'll be returning it if the underlying problem can't be addressed. Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Super Moderator
519 Posts
Try changing the settings of the HVAC system manually......from floor to vents to defrost.......at a time when the noise is evident.

Sometimes the dampers on the vents can cause this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts