Toyota Prius Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

New to the forum.

Looking at buying a 2008 Toyota Prius to save on fuel costs for my commute to work.

Anyhow, I have found one that seems suitable, however, the owner has stated that the air con requires a regas.

If it requires a regas, would that mean that there is a leak somewhere within the system?

Is there a common problem with these models that lead to the A/C system needing a regas?

Link to the vehicle below:
w w w.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/ballajura/cars-vans-utes/2008-toyota-prius-hybrid-hatchback/1162310151

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
519 Posts
If it requires a regas, would that mean that there is a leak somewhere within the system?

Is there a common problem with these models that lead to the A/C system needing a regas?
Welcome.

Yes, at a minimum there is a leak somewhere. A/C rebuilds can get VERY expensive.

No, no commonly reported problems with the A/C that I know about.

BUT......with it nearing 10 years old and 100K miles, it might not be a good long term solution for you because the hybrid batteries might be near the end of their useful life. Good gamble for 2-3 years but not so good beyond that.

The price seems a bit high to me but I'm no expert on used Prius prices.

I would NEVER buy a used vehicle when the seller says: "It only needs......(anything)...." because if it really is that simple he should have fixed it already.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts