Toyota Prius Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter has a 2005 Prius that she inherited from her grandfather a couple years back. I've had to jump it a couple times in the past couple weeks which is telling me that the 12 volt battery is getting to the end of its life.

Her grandfather was a NASA engineer and kept meticulous records. I went through them and could not find any mention of replacing the 12V battery.

How long do these things last? Could this be the original battery. The battery is branded Yausa so I went to their web site but Yausa USA doesn't list any car batteries.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hello there Yarowski
Batteries should last as long as any other 12v battery. A dealership will tell you 36 months, where l had batteries last 5+ years. Tip: do not park and put car on accessory and run the radio and fan this will kill the bettery fast. Made me put a new on on my 2017 from Pepboys and seems ok almost 2 years later
let us know how it went, good luck

· Super Moderator
'17 C 4
755 Posts
An AGM car battery usually will last around 5 years.......IF it is driven regularly and not subjected to extreme HEAT.
That Yuasa battery was probably intended for a motorcycle.

Makes little difference how old it is. Having to jump it means you need a new one.
Charge it fully and then measure the charging voltage with the car running.

· Registered
1 Posts
My daughter has a 2005 Prius that she inherited from her grandfather a couple years back. I've had to jump it a couple times in the past couple weeks which is telling me that the 12 volt battery is getting to the end of its life.

Her grandfather was a NASA engineer and kept meticulous records. I went through them and could not find any mention of replacing the 12V battery.

How long do these things last? Could this be the original battery. The battery is branded Yausa so I went to their web site but Yausa USA doesn't list any car batteries.
i HAD TO REPLACE ON 2006.... SURPRISE THE TOYOTA DEALER GAVE BEST PRICE.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts