Toyota Prius Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, forum.
My 07' Prius has an exhaust leak from the donut gasket between the manifold and catalytic converter. It's a rust-belt car and I wasn't able to undo the bolts compressing the flanges together:

I got the replacement and originally was thinking of just cutting the old bolts. However, the replacement bolts (and springs) kit does not include nuts. Are those welded to the manifold flange? (One is highlighted by the arrow on the photo above). Any advice on dealing with the issue with minimal blood?

·
Super Moderator
571 Posts
Are those welded to the manifold flange? (One is highlighted by the arrow on the photo above). Any advice on dealing with the issue with minimal blood?
Yes they probably are. But they probably are rust-welded in place too.

I never understood why people would take on a messy and potentially dangerous project like this in the first place.

If you haven't asked a muffler shop what they would charge, I suggest that you DO.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes they probably are. But they probably are rust-welded in place too.

I never understood why people would take on a messy and potentially dangerous project like this in the first place.

If you haven't asked a muffler shop what they would charge, I suggest that you DO.
Thank you for the polite answer. I was able to solve the problem myself. It took me a while, but the fulfillment it gives is worth the effort.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts