Buying a 2015 Prius? - Toyota Prius Forum : Toyota Prius Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 05-29-2019, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default Buying a 2015 Prius?

Hi, I'm new to the forum and was wondering if someone could help me out. I am test driving some cars this week weekdn and looking to buy and one is a 2015 Prius 2. It's at 103k miles for 12k and I just wanted to get some thoughts. I'm looking for something to probably drive uber a bit with around town, as well as doing some road trips. I would like something which is hopefully pretty low maintenance as I'm not super handy. I've driven a Prius once and it feels sluggish compared to my 04 Mazda 6, does that feeling go away eventually? I know it's a Prius and not really meant to be a speedster, but it's just a bit of a transition. With the mileage where it is are the any mechanical things I need should be looking out for? I also heard that eventually you may need to replace the battery, do yall have any information on that? Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-30-2019, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)

Just a wild guess.....based on reports from many owners..........you likely have roughly 3-4 years and maybe 75K miles before worrying about a new battery or any other major repairs. But that is just a guess and the law of averages says that something might fail next week. Buying any used car is always a gamble but with a hybrid you are guaranteed a major expense with the battery if you keep it long enough.

Have you searched on this site......and others......for "battery" to see what others are saying ??

The 12 V battery might be due NOW but that isn't a major expense.

'17 Prius C-4

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page