No more "Prii" for me
That's right, never another weird, unpredictable, gutless Prius for me.
I own a 2013 base model Prius v that I've heavily modified JUST TO GET IT TO HANDLE DECENTLY. (Thanks to all Japanese parts from Juiced Hybrid in Redwood City, CA.)
1. new front sway bar and added rear sway bar
2. strut tower bar
3. three underbody stiffener bars
4. new 1" lower coil spring that are 5% stiffer
5. ENKIE RPF1 forged 17" wheels and Yokohama V rated tires
6. LED fog lights and grille running lights and rear bumper reflectors replaced W/ lighted reflectors
Now it handles well but this car still has a "sideways jiggle" on uneven pavement. Toyota better learn how to do "handling" on passenger cars. They could take some lessons from MAZDA in this area.
Plus my v is NOISY as ****.
I've driven a Hyundai Ionic and LOVE that car. Likely my next car in a few years. I'm happy Hyundai could make a very good hybrid W/O paying licensing fees to Toyota for their hybrid architecture.
END OF RANT.