Prius 2010 - worst car purchase ever - Toyota Prius Forum : Toyota Prius Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 11-30-2016, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Default Prius 2010 - worst car purchase ever

I bought a 2010 Prius with 17" inch wheels in October of 2010. So, I have had the car for six years. At 60,700 miles I had to buy new tires. This was the fourth set of tires used by this car. On my 2002 Honda Crv the fourth set of tires was installed at appx 155,000 miles. I have spent 1,500 dollars on tires for this Prius that was just wasted money.

The interior of the Prius has not worn well. The front drivers seat door side shoulder has deteriorated to the point that I will have to tape it up pretty soon. Just shoddy material.

I will not save a dime with this car over almost any quality car I might have bought instead. But, I was bedazzled by the MPG. Oh, yeah, speaking of MPG no where near 50 MPG. I would say average 43 MPG.

When the battery has to be replaced that will be appx 3,500 dollars.

So, I have a car that in not fun to drive, is noisy, cheap on the inside, eats tires and will cost a lot of money in the future.

All in all the worst car purchase I have ever made.

Oh yeah, those new tires were just rotated at 5,600 miles. The tire depth went from 11/32 to 8/32. Amazing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-30-2016, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyquicker View Post
At 60,700 miles I had to buy new tires. This was the fourth set of tires used by this car.
Oh yeah, those new tires were just rotated at 5,600 miles. The tire depth went from 11/32 to 8/32. Amazing!
No single vehicle is right for everybody but...........

It seems like you are your own worst enemy for a couple of reasons:
If you hate it so much, how come you STILL have it after 6 years ??

And it occurs to me that the main problem with the tires is your poor choice of replacements OR the possibility that you drive the CRAP out if it and wear them down. I have a Prius C with about 30K miles on it and the tires still have about 10K left on them.

It is not unusual to have to replace tires every 20K miles or so IF they are "performance" type tires......and if you drive like you think you are on a racetrack.

Most cars start showing some minor signs of wear after 6 years and 60K miles.
Just from what you have posted here it sounds to me like you have unrealistic expectations.

'17 Prius C-4

Last edited by Easy Rider; 11-30-2016 at 06:18 PM.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page