Rusting Brakes are killing me financially - any ideas? - Toyota Prius Forum : Toyota Prius Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 08-12-2015, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
OLM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default Rusting Brakes are killing me financially - any ideas?

I have a 2010 Prius 2. I live in a small costal town and get severe rust on by brakes. I have just under 25000 miles on my car. For the last 3 year, I have had to have 3 break jobs done with less than a year between them due to the rust. I am having trouble justifying keeping the car due to the cost, although I love it and have had very few other problems. I have taken it to the dealer each time and they insist there is nothing else they can do. They just keep putting on new factory brakes. Is there anything you can suggest (other than moving to a dryer climate) that I might do to keep me from having to get yearly break jobs? Are they any other types of breaks, calibers, etc. that I can put on the car that are more rust resistant? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-12-2015, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)

What exactly happens to make you think that you NEED new brakes/rotors ??

A little rusty appearance alone does NOT justify that.......if it disappears after driving a few miles AND making a couple of fairly hard stops to make sure the actual brake pads come into use instead of just the regen electric brakes.

'17 Prius C-4

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page