HELP! front turn signal bulb loose in housing - Toyota Prius Forum : Toyota Prius Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 10-01-2014, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Exclamation HELP! front turn signal bulb loose in housing

I need some advice/help in how to deal with a loose turn signal bulb.

I was driving today on the highway when a crumpled cardboard box flew in front of my car. Unfortunately the box struck the front driver's side corner. When I went to merge left, my left turn signal flashed rapidly indicating that there was a left turn signal bulb out. When I got out of the car I noticed that the front driver's side left turn signal bulb had popped out of the harness and was loose in the left turn signal housing. It is just rattling around in there.

I've searched for how to repair the problem myself but to replace the bulb you pull the harness out of the back of the housing. I need to be able to open the housing to retrieve the bulb.

Any advice or should I just take it to the dealer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-02-2014, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)

It might be possible to get the bulb out with something sticky mounted on the end of a stick, after you take the socket (not the harness) out of the back.

BUT I think the odds are that something is broken besides the bulb itself and a shop visit might be the best route to go.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-02-2014, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
It might be possible to get the bulb out with something sticky mounted on the end of a stick, after you take the socket (not the harness) out of the back.

BUT I think the odds are that something is broken besides the bulb itself and a shop visit might be the best route to go.
Thanks for the response, Easy Rider. I tried to assess the possibility of fishing it out from the socket but it was too difficult. I took it into the dealership today and they had it fixed in about an hour.

Unfortunately, I have minor problems with this car all the time, probably because it was one of the first off the lot in Southern California.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page