should I get a TomTom Nav? - Toyota Prius Forum : Toyota Prius Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 01-19-2013, 05:35 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default should I get a TomTom Nav?

My sister and brother both have navigation units and its pretty handy, so I'm thinking about getting one. I think they both have Tomtoms, should I go for that or do you have any suggestions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-02-2013, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellaj908 View Post
My sister and brother both have navigation units and its pretty handy, so I'm thinking about getting one. I think they both have Tomtoms, should I go for that or do you have any suggestions?
I have a 6 year old garmin unit that I really like. I also have a Tomtom and definitely prefer the garmin. Better maps and speed limits show up on the roads that I drive on. I don't always see the speed limit signs and its a handy feature. If you can afford the lifetime updates that's what I wish I would have gone with.
post #3 of 7 Old 07-28-2013, 11:48 AM

why spend the money. if you have a smart phone i guarentee it has gps and you can hook it up to your prius with the ipod jack and hear it thru the speakers. so save your money

post #4 of 7 Old 08-28-2013, 06:32 PM

i see i must have stopped the conversation. even my new prius has the in dash
post #5 of 7 Old 09-28-2013, 11:08 AM

Certain 2 facts on this page are unequivocally the best we have all had. If you go with tomtom then you will be charged for maps. Unless the item is brand new when they do a latest map guarantee where you get one 100 % 100 % free map upgrade . However, the program to run the item is usually enhanced for 100 % 100 % free .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 Old 03-03-2015, 01:59 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

if you have a smart phone i guarentee it has gps and you can hook it up to your prius with the ipod jack and hear it thru the speakers. so save your money..???

post #7 of 7 Old 03-03-2015, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuchnaii View Post
if you have a smart phone i guarentee it has gps and you can hook it up to your prius with the ipod jack and hear it thru the speakers. so save your money..???
Old thread. This is very true but my smart phone forces the screen to ON when in GPS mode and runs the battery down quickly. Works fine though if you can plug it in to charge while driving.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page