Good deal? - Toyota Prius Forum : Toyota Prius Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 02-27-2016, 02:05 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Default Good deal?

Hi guys. I always wanted to get s Prius but always end up keeping German cars. Recently I realized I should get a Prius and just out of no where I end up going to an auction with a friend. End up blindly bidding on a 2013 Prius 2 and got it for 12700 out the door with tag tax title. It's a 2013 black extremely clean, one owner,lady driven and like new condition inside and out. No accidents.

Do you guys think it's a good deal?
I never did any research on used Prius pricing so didn't know. It was very spontaneous.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-27-2016, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)

Only time will tell. It sounds like a good price......if it is a full size model and not a C.

I would NEVER buy a car at an auction.

You have absolutely no warranty at all.....except the factory one on the emissions and hybrid components.
You should visit a Toyota dealer for warranty information and a thorough inspection.
It was at the auction for some reason. Only "dealers" sell cars at the auction. Why did they not want to sell it themselves on their lot ??

Or was this an estate auction or some other kind of private sale ???

'17 Prius C-4
post #3 of 6 Old 02-27-2016, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

Auctions are very common now a days. Dealers try to sell cars at their lot but they only have a certain number of days that they have to sell it or it's considered a daily loss of a certain amount to them financially so they send these cars to auctions. They don't want to sell at a very low cost since it's recorded and will put a bad name for their dealership. They have to maintain certain level for sales. There are websites which are for licensed dealer or auctioneers which shows which car was sold by which dealership and how much.
I agree there is no Warrenty but at auctions they allow pre inspections. If a car is low miles then it's always covered under factor Warrenty no matter what.

post #4 of 6 Old 02-27-2016, 11:20 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewana421 View Post
Auctions are very common now a days.

They don't want to sell at a very low cost since it's recorded and will put a bad name for their dealership.

There are websites which are for licensed dealer or auctioneers which shows which car was sold by which dealership and how much.
Auctions have ALWAYS been a common tool for used car dealers.

But where did you get the rest of that crap ??

Because it is crap. I quite assure you that dealers do NOT report all of their sale prices to any common source.......except maybe the IRS.

And each dealership determines their own business model for how long to keep what used models before they consider one a liability instead of an asset.

In general, if they think they can make a good profit off of a car in a reasonable amount of time, it will not go to the auction. If they have been in business more than 5 days, they should know which ones to keep for their local market.

'17 Prius C-4

Last edited by Easy Rider; 02-27-2016 at 11:23 PM.
post #5 of 6 Old 11-14-2016, 02:10 PM

Auctions are important guys. As long as there are used cards around (Not just cars btw), auctions are going to be around. It's a great place to get a deal now and then.
post #6 of 6 Old 12-21-2018, 10:08 AM
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtheGreat View Post
Auctions are important guys. As long as there are used cards around (Not just cars btw), auctions are going to be around. It's a great place to get a deal now and then.
That's true, it may help to save some money. But, it is always better to buy a car in cash.

Moderators note: No, sorry, we aren't going to promote online gambling here.
You are skating on thin ice. Be careful.

My point is that it is always better to buy a new car in cash (if possible), it is more beneficial in long term

Last edited by Easy Rider; 12-21-2018 at 10:19 AM.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page