New Owner of 2004 Prius Needs Help! - Toyota Prius Forum : Toyota Prius Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 10-27-2015, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Default New Owner of 2004 Prius Needs Help!

Hello guys,

Let me start by saying I've never owned a Toyota, nonetheless a Hybrid.
I just picked up a 2004 Prius with 120,000 miles yesterday and have some things that do not work and I was hoping you guys could help me since you are more experienced than I.

1) Stereo lights don't work. Although there is audio, I am unable to see the lit display.

2) The dashboard light adjusting wheel located on the left hand side of the steering wheel does nothing. It doesn't dim anything and doesn't turn on the interior light like it is supposed to in other cars. Any idea what I can start checking?

3) The dome light does not come on automatically when the doors open.

4) If I want to hook up a sub and amp, do I have to get it professionally done or is it just like any other regular car installation?

Thanks in advance guys. I look forward to enjoying my new daily driver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-30-2015, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Well since no one answered and I did research myself I will put this out there to help anyone else with similar problems.

There is a recall for the Combination Meter. The Combination Meter is the LED cluster display (shows how much fuel you have, speed, whether you are in D, N, or R and also all the lights like Check Engine, Temperature (little snowflake), Red Triangle, Seat Belt, etc). It has been known to go completely blank which completely freaked me out. Somehow, in my case, it came back on for unknown reasons. Just be aware that there is a recall and you should contact your nearest Toyota Dealer to get it replaced hopefully for free.

Additionally, I also found a way to reset your system. You simply unplug your battery for about 30 minutes. You would unplug the little connector and that should help bring the Combination Meter back on.

I didn't have to check the battery or replace it for now but if the problem persists, I have learned the battery might also be the culprit.

Lastly, for the car not wanting to shut off. You would do the following: Push On/Off button for 3 seconds. That will shut off your engine. Then push button again 2 times quickly. That will completely shut off all your power so that you can rest assured the car indeed is completely turned off.

I hope this helps someone, someday.

Cheers!
post #3 of 3 Old 11-03-2015, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

Disregard the post above. It was my response to another thread in regards to another problem I was having. I still have questions on the points above minus #3 . Thanks.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page