Toyota pre-crash system for the Prius? - Toyota Prius Forum : Toyota Prius Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 07-26-2011, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default Toyota pre-crash system for the Prius?

Toyota has a pre-crash system that will steer the car away to a point to minimize the impact of a crash and most likely the Prius will be one of the first to get this technology.

Would you want this technology in your Prius?

this is a better explanation of the pre-crash system:
Quote:
Toyota is working on a new pre-crash system that will actually take control and steer the vehicle to minimize impact in the event of an unavoidable collision. The system combines super-sensitive radar with a camera array in the front fascia to detect possible impacts. On-board computers then calculate the correct levels of braking and steering required to avoid the crash, and if the driver fails to act, the automatic system takes over.
from http://www.autoblog.com/2011/07/23/t...o-avoid-impact
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-29-2011, 02:46 PM

with all the news about new cars being hacked, you might want to give this technology and similar technology in the future some thought. a computer isn't like us, it can't judge things the same way we can, i need to be convinced this is something i must have.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #3 of 5 Old 07-29-2011, 03:06 PM

I agree computers can never i believe judge a real situation unless they take everything that is happening at every second and predict peoples movements as well. I would never trust a computer controlling where i crash unless all cars interact with each other.

post #4 of 5 Old 07-29-2011, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Previa View Post
I agree computers can never i believe judge a real situation unless they take everything that is happening at every second and predict peoples movements as well. I would never trust a computer controlling where i crash unless all cars interact with each other.
the day all cars interact with each other will be the day I can trust a computers "judgement", but that's like 20-30+ years down the road when we will have flying cars like the Jetsons lol

Question:

What happens if your in the middle lane and the pre-crash system detects a collision, but both lanes on each side have cars, does the system engage the brakes and stop?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #5 of 5 Old 07-29-2011, 03:28 PM

Say if there's sensors around the car for the pre-crash tech wouldn't we have to make sure the sensors are clean? This can be bothersome

I remember driving a friend's BMW with back up sensors, the sensors got dirty and made the system think it was hitting something lol

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page