Toyota Prius Becomes Top Seller In Japan - Toyota Prius Forum : Toyota Prius Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 07-13-2011, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default Toyota Prius Becomes Top Seller In Japan

Congrats to Toyota and it's Prius for becoming a top seller in Japan. Looks like the Honda Fit is no match for the Prius. Since Toyota is developing various Prius models, Prius sales will only go up.

Now this makes me think about the other countries where the Prius is sold, how well does the Prius do?

Quote:
In Japan, the Toyota Prius reclaimed the title of top-selling vehicle in June. This was a positive omen following Toyota’s post-earthquake sales slump.

Toyota sold 19,429 Prius models last month, more than triple what it sold in May. For months, the Honda Fit had reigned supreme in sales, but Japanese car buyers once again snapped up Prius hybrids as the automaker’s production steadily recovered from the March 11 catastrophe.

The Prius and the Fit have been competing for the top sales spot in Japan since May of 2009. The Prius has retained the top spot for most months since the debut of its third-generation model.

In May, Toyota launched the Prius Alpha minivan, which helped it compete with Honda’s new Fit Shuttle. Since the launch of the Alpha (a.k.a. the Prius v here in the States), orders have poured in, generating fresh demand for the world’s favorite hybrid.
Toyota Prius Becomes Top Seller In Japan | Toyota in the News

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-28-2011, 05:05 PM

The Fit seems more to me as a sport compact car and less opposed to a fuel efficient car.

I can see why the toyota prius would be a huge seller in Japan as it would be extremely fuel efficient and has enough room as well and will easily pass emissions year after year in japan!
post #3 of 4 Old 08-09-2011, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HY.BRD View Post
The Fit seems more to me as a sport compact car and less opposed to a fuel efficient car.

I can see why the toyota prius would be a huge seller in Japan as it would be extremely fuel efficient and has enough room as well and will easily pass emissions year after year in japan!
Fit = FAIL

I don't know why Honda made that car. It's just a bigger, and uglier Civic lol. No sport compact car features, no amazing fuel economy. It's just a sporty looking slow car.

Prius will continue to dominate it's class. Honda is falling.

post #4 of 4 Old 08-16-2011, 06:07 PM

did you just say the FIT is bigger than the Civic? dude go look at the fir agian.. i would personally drive a fit over a Yaris...

though i do love toyota prius over the honda insight!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page