First 5,000 miles in our new Prius - Toyota Prius Forum : Toyota Prius Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 04-05-2013, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default First 5,000 miles in our new Prius

We purchased a Prius and put 5,000 miles on it to date. I'm inpressed, the car in now getting from 45 to 66 MPG around town, depending on the trip. We drove 2,450 miles and averaged 44 MPG mostly highway when it was new. We drove 450 miles at 80 MPH all highway staying with the big boys and still got 46 to 47 MPG. You don't have to drive this car slow to get good MPG. My wife drove the car to work all week, I logged the miles on Monday, with a full tank, filled it up with gas on Friday and loged the miles, she drove 215 miles that week and I put $16.42 in gas in the car to fill it back up. I think the last time I put $16 worth of gas in a car was about 20 years ago.I think we will save at least $30 a week in gas or $1,500 a year over our Fusion we traded. I was worried about the drivers seat comfort driving 2,450 miles, I'm 6' and about 215 lbs, but turned out to be just fine for me, just a little smaller than our Fusion. I got tired of $4 a gallon gas and decided to do something about it, so I bought a Prius.Took a little getting used to, my wife thought the car stalled out a few times. So far it looks like we made the best choice in car replacement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-09-2013, 10:33 AM

Spot on!!! I put 6000 on mine and don't baby it any more. Prescott is 5500 feet and my last trip to Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix log in at 50.8 MPG round trip "driving with the big boys" I'm loven it..
post #3 of 6 Old 04-27-2013, 12:54 PM

its always good to break it in before going crazy, of course how crazy can you really get with a prius. i heard a guy ask last night in class if it was possible to rev the engine at a stop light in one

post #4 of 6 Old 07-24-2013, 03:34 AM

good to know about prius. but can you tell me its per litter millage??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 6 Old 08-14-2013, 12:32 PM

New prius owner here too. I bought mine because I work 37 miles from home and am tired of spending so much on gas. Gas will never go down so MPG need to go up. When I test drove one, I owned it 2 hours later. Was impressed with the options and the room it had. My wife has a 2012 camery with navigation and my prius III has everything her car does. Yes her car is a little more classy but I expected a bottom of the line no thrills car. I was happy to learn it is not low end. I live in a town of around 100,000 people and it is only 10 miles long by 4 miles and most of the time people drive slow so I do not even have to watch how fast I drive. I do drive 65 to and from work because it gives me about 5 to 8 mpg more than driving 75. It only takes me 3 minutes more to get to work. LOVE my Prius
post #6 of 6 Old 08-14-2013, 12:34 PM

Sorry wrong post but have about 3,000 miles on it and bought it 1 month ago.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page