Toyota Prius Forums banner

Annoying Back up Beeping

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  SeanTHing 
#1 ·
Sorry, not finding the search function and I'm sure someone has already posted about this. Can it be shut off, it serves no useful purpose. Thanks.

#2 · (Edited)
I'm told that it is easy on that model to be in reverse and not realize it.......so it can serve some purpose.

But owners almost universally HATE IT and there is a way to turn it off.

In the upper right part of the screen there should be a "Google custom search" box......but that seems to find nothing on this site about it.

Try PriusChat.com

#3 ·
I lived in Japan about 30 years ago. Back then, whenever a car went faster than 100 km/hr, there was a little bell under the dashboard that would ring continuously. The first time I heard it was when I was riding in a coworker's car. I asked what it was and he explained it. Then I said "why don't you reach up under the dashboard and disconnect it?" "Because the car wouldn't pass annual safety inspection". "You could reach up under the dashboard and reconnect it for the inspection". Corrupting foreign influence...

So beeping while backing up? It could be worse...

#4 ·
I have googled this issue several times and tried all the sequences and none of them work. Although none specifically relate to 2019 or 2020 models. We took the car into toyota today for the first 10k service and asked them to turn it off. We were told that they won't as it's to keep "blind people" from being hit. This was a ridiculous statement as the beep is only heard on the inside of the car. Does anyone here know how to disable it on a 2019 (our model) or a 2020 which we assume would be the same. The beep is actually distracting and could cause and accident.
Thank you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.