2003 Prius Battery Issues - Page 2 - Toyota Prius Forum : Toyota Prius Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 Old 01-15-2016, 03:13 AM
Junior Member
 
Elena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Default

Hello. I have a problem with the battery in the winter. Quickly battery lasts. Battery 2 years. The first winter did not notice, and now has become noticeable. What do you advise?
Elena is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 17 Old 01-15-2016, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: N. Central Florida
Posts: 393
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elena View Post
Hello. I have a problem with the battery in the winter. Quickly battery lasts. Battery 2 years. The first winter did not notice, and now has become noticeable. What do you advise?
MUCH more information is needed.

What kind of a problem have you noticed exactly ?

The general advice is to get a new battery, fully charge it before installing it and then have your charging voltage checked while the car is running.

If the car gets only very little use, you may need a battery tender while it is not in use.

Where do you live ? It appears that English is not your native language.

'17 Prius C-4
Easy Rider is offline  
post #13 of 17 Old 01-15-2016, 12:35 PM
Junior Member
 
Elena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
MUCH more information is needed.

What kind of a problem have you noticed exactly ?

The general advice is to get a new battery, fully charge it before installing it and then have your charging voltage checked while the car is running.

If the car gets only very little use, you may need a battery tender while it is not in use.

Where do you live ? It appears that English is not your native language.
Thank you. I live in Moscow. Blame It on Google Translate)
Elena is offline  
 
post #14 of 17 Old 01-15-2016, 01:04 PM
Junior Member
 
Elena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
MUCH more information is needed.

What kind of a problem have you noticed exactly ?

The general advice is to get a new battery, fully charge it before installing it and then have your charging voltage checked while the car is running.

If the car gets only very little use, you may need a battery tender while it is not in use.

Where do you live ? It appears that English is not your native language.
Was in repair. They said do not work five sections. Replace. Week worked. Now again problems.
Elena is offline  
post #15 of 17 Old 01-15-2016, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: N. Central Florida
Posts: 393
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elena View Post
Was in repair. They said do not work five sections. Replace. Week worked. Now again problems.
Let's see if I can guess at a translation of that:

There were trouble codes stored the pointed to 5 different problems.
They replaced the 12 V battery and the trouble light went away for a week.

You need to take it back to the repair shop, first to test the new battery and test the charging voltage.

If those things test good, they need to look at the suggested fix in their books related to each trouble code that is present.

I think it was absolutely proper for them to do what they did.
But now it appears that the battery was not the ONLY problem......so they need to go to the next step.

How old is your car ?

'17 Prius C-4
Easy Rider is offline  
post #16 of 17 Old 01-16-2016, 01:57 AM
Junior Member
 
Elena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
Let's see if I can guess at a translation of that:

There were trouble codes stored the pointed to 5 different problems.
They replaced the 12 V battery and the trouble light went away for a week.

You need to take it back to the repair shop, first to test the new battery and test the charging voltage.

If those things test good, they need to look at the suggested fix in their books related to each trouble code that is present.

I think it was absolutely proper for them to do what they did.
But now it appears that the battery was not the ONLY problem......so they need to go to the next step.

How old is your car ?
Thank you. Once again sent into workshop. Auto 5 years.
Elena is offline  
post #17 of 17 Old 01-16-2016, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: N. Central Florida
Posts: 393
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Default

Good luck.
Don't know how it works where you live but in the US the "hybrid components" are covered by an extended warranty, either 7 or 10 years, I forget the details.

'17 Prius C-4
Easy Rider is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome