1st gen prius owners - Toyota Prius Forum : Toyota Prius Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 05-11-2011, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default 1st gen prius owners

since day one of seeing the first generation Prius i was amazed and I have only seen maybe 1 or 2 of them on the road.

Where are the first generation Prius owners?

I'd really like to see who still has them. If your a 1st generation Prius owner please post here, make yourself known!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 05-11-2011, 01:56 PM

I think your lucky to see a 1st generation prius anywhere since they can be classified as rare. A first generation of anything will be unlikely to see a lot but sometimes they do very well and sell like hotcakes aka Chevy Cruze! The First gen prius wasn't a good looking car, around the same time other better looking cars were around. I'd pick a 2nd or 3rd gen prius over the 1st anyday.
post #3 of 12 Old 05-11-2011, 02:41 PM

yeah i agree with frank the 1st gen prius was hideous! but it work well and there are a few still kicking around somewhere...

The Chevy Cruz isnt exactly a 1st gen car, since it does share the same platform as a verano and another opel car,

post #4 of 12 Old 06-07-2011, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank View Post
I think your lucky to see a 1st generation prius anywhere since they can be classified as rare. A first generation of anything will be unlikely to see a lot but sometimes they do very well and sell like hotcakes aka Chevy Cruze! The First gen prius wasn't a good looking car, around the same time other better looking cars were around. I'd pick a 2nd or 3rd gen prius over the 1st anyday.
so true, from the time i posted this thread till now i have seen maybe 5-6 1st generation Toyota Prius's out of hundreds of newer Prius's. Usually it's old ladies in the 1st generation Prius lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2in1 View Post
yeah i agree with frank the 1st gen prius was hideous! but it work well and there are a few still kicking around somewhere...

The Chevy Cruz isnt exactly a 1st gen car, since it does share the same platform as a verano and another opel car,
Wasn't the verano a model that followed after the Cruze was out?

GM sucks anyways, i wouldn't step in a Cruze. Prefer not to have the steering wheel fall off when im driving

Toyota all the way!
post #5 of 12 Old 04-14-2013, 06:49 AM

Default Prius First Generation 1999 Reg.

Hi everyone, I'm one of the few Prius first gen. owners and I would be very happy to share with the others the good and the bad things about theese Old Ladies! My Prius is a V Reg. and is imported from Japan. I really like this car and I intend to keep it as much as I can. Everything is ok with my Prius except a warning light, but this is another problem and I don't know if is the right time and place tu discuss about this. Anyway, I'm happy to find this place and I hope that we can find helping each other the answers we looking for. Best regards! Paul
post #6 of 12 Old 06-20-2013, 03:47 AM

hi.........welcome to this forum.........the first generation of toyota pirus is awesome.................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
ATI RADEON HD 5670 SERIES GRAPHICS CARDS FROM AMD
post #7 of 12 Old 07-28-2013, 12:27 PM

can you still get batteries for the first gen. furthermore, is it possible to put the new advanced batteries in the older prius models?
post #8 of 12 Old 10-31-2013, 02:26 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I have had a 2001 Prius since Sep 2001 and it has logged 215000 + miles. Seeing one on the road is a rare experiance, but it no less frequent now than at first, so they must be still kicking!
post #9 of 12 Old 03-31-2014, 01:37 PM

I have a 2001 1st gen Prius. It has now done 230,000 miles and is still going strong. I'm thinking about upgrading but don't want to lose my Bessie. I appear to have developed an emotional connection to her.
post #10 of 12 Old 03-31-2014, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by romulus View Post
Hi everyone, I'm one of the few Prius first gen. owners and I would be very happy to share with the others the good and the bad things about theese Old Ladies! My Prius is a V Reg. and is imported from Japan. I really like this car and I intend to keep it as much as I can. Everything is ok with my Prius except a warning light, but this is another problem and I don't know if is the right time and place tu discuss about this. Anyway, I'm happy to find this place and I hope that we can find helping each other the answers we looking for. Best regards! Paul
I too have a 1st gen and love the old girl. I've even named her "Bessie". Don't really want to change the car to be honest. Mine is the T Spirit model. Which is yours?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page