1st gen prius owners - Toyota Prius Forum : Toyota Prius Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 05-11-2011, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default 1st gen prius owners

since day one of seeing the first generation Prius i was amazed and I have only seen maybe 1 or 2 of them on the road.

Where are the first generation Prius owners?

I'd really like to see who still has them. If your a 1st generation Prius owner please post here, make yourself known!
-ToyotaTuner- is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 Old 05-11-2011, 01:56 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default

I think your lucky to see a 1st generation prius anywhere since they can be classified as rare. A first generation of anything will be unlikely to see a lot but sometimes they do very well and sell like hotcakes aka Chevy Cruze! The First gen prius wasn't a good looking car, around the same time other better looking cars were around. I'd pick a 2nd or 3rd gen prius over the 1st anyday.
frank is offline  
post #3 of 12 Old 05-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default

yeah i agree with frank the 1st gen prius was hideous! but it work well and there are a few still kicking around somewhere...

The Chevy Cruz isnt exactly a 1st gen car, since it does share the same platform as a verano and another opel car,
2in1 is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 Old 06-07-2011, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank View Post
I think your lucky to see a 1st generation prius anywhere since they can be classified as rare. A first generation of anything will be unlikely to see a lot but sometimes they do very well and sell like hotcakes aka Chevy Cruze! The First gen prius wasn't a good looking car, around the same time other better looking cars were around. I'd pick a 2nd or 3rd gen prius over the 1st anyday.
so true, from the time i posted this thread till now i have seen maybe 5-6 1st generation Toyota Prius's out of hundreds of newer Prius's. Usually it's old ladies in the 1st generation Prius lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2in1 View Post
yeah i agree with frank the 1st gen prius was hideous! but it work well and there are a few still kicking around somewhere...

The Chevy Cruz isnt exactly a 1st gen car, since it does share the same platform as a verano and another opel car,
Wasn't the verano a model that followed after the Cruze was out?

GM sucks anyways, i wouldn't step in a Cruze. Prefer not to have the steering wheel fall off when im driving

Toyota all the way!
-ToyotaTuner- is offline  
post #5 of 12 Old 04-14-2013, 06:49 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: London E17
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default Prius First Generation 1999 Reg.

Hi everyone, I'm one of the few Prius first gen. owners and I would be very happy to share with the others the good and the bad things about theese Old Ladies! My Prius is a V Reg. and is imported from Japan. I really like this car and I intend to keep it as much as I can. Everything is ok with my Prius except a warning light, but this is another problem and I don't know if is the right time and place tu discuss about this. Anyway, I'm happy to find this place and I hope that we can find helping each other the answers we looking for. Best regards! Paul
romulus is offline  
post #6 of 12 Old 06-20-2013, 03:47 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default

hi.........welcome to this forum.........the first generation of toyota pirus is awesome.................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
ATI RADEON HD 5670 SERIES GRAPHICS CARDS FROM AMD
11thomson is offline  
post #7 of 12 Old 07-28-2013, 12:27 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default

can you still get batteries for the first gen. furthermore, is it possible to put the new advanced batteries in the older prius models?
briando is offline  
post #8 of 12 Old 10-31-2013, 02:26 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Default

I have had a 2001 Prius since Sep 2001 and it has logged 215000 + miles. Seeing one on the road is a rare experiance, but it no less frequent now than at first, so they must be still kicking!
Thomas Habig is offline  
post #9 of 12 Old 03-31-2014, 01:37 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default

I have a 2001 1st gen Prius. It has now done 230,000 miles and is still going strong. I'm thinking about upgrading but don't want to lose my Bessie. I appear to have developed an emotional connection to her.
Bigbadbum21 is offline  
post #10 of 12 Old 03-31-2014, 01:39 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by romulus View Post
Hi everyone, I'm one of the few Prius first gen. owners and I would be very happy to share with the others the good and the bad things about theese Old Ladies! My Prius is a V Reg. and is imported from Japan. I really like this car and I intend to keep it as much as I can. Everything is ok with my Prius except a warning light, but this is another problem and I don't know if is the right time and place tu discuss about this. Anyway, I'm happy to find this place and I hope that we can find helping each other the answers we looking for. Best regards! Paul
I too have a 1st gen and love the old girl. I've even named her "Bessie". Don't really want to change the car to be honest. Mine is the T Spirit model. Which is yours?
Bigbadbum21 is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome