Ten-Year Old Toyota Hybrid Priuses Defy Early Critics - Toyota Prius Forum : Toyota Prius Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 04-04-2011, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default Ten-Year Old Toyota Hybrid Priuses Defy Early Critics

The detailed results: The '02 Prius with 208,000 miles on it got 40.4 mpg overall, compared to 40.6 mpg for the '01 Prius when it was brand new. Highway fuel economy for the old, used Prius was 48.3 mpg, compared to 48.6 mpg on the new Prius back in '01. And in the city, the numbers were 32.1 mpg compared to 30.5 mpg, respectively

When it comes to acceleration power, the difference was also negligible the old used model went from 0 to 30 mph in 4.4 seconds, compared to 4.3 seconds for the new model 10 years ago. And, when the 0-to-60 time was measured, the numbers were 13.1 seconds and 12.7 seconds, respectively.

Even so for a 10 year old car its doing very well compared to lets say a 10 year old corolla or a 10 year old BMW, performance numbers would fall, by a huge amount, and many many problems occur as well.

Full article below, its worth reading! esp proving those skeptic wrongs!
Ten-Year Old Toyota Hybrid Priuses Defy Early Critics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-04-2011, 07:13 PM

this just goes to show you how reliable toyotas are. how many other cars out there that are 10 years old and still have the same performance that they did when they were brand new. this makes me even more confident with my decision of picking up a toyota vehicle.
post #3 of 5 Old 04-05-2011, 05:27 PM

Yeah man Toyota has some amazing Vehicle, look at any American car from almost 10 years ago you'll barely seen any, compared to the amount of Imports you see esp the Japanese cars! The most is ee are Toyotas and then Honda next!

post #4 of 5 Old 02-15-2016, 11:30 AM

I'm pretty much sold on Toyota... I have owned and driven lots of different brands of cars and I am now sold on Toyotas... Honda was a very close second with their Civic but we wanted something that got a little bit better gas mileage. In a couple years when I'm in the market for a truck it will be no doubt a Tacoma... I just wish they were a little cheaper .

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk
post #5 of 5 Old 08-11-2016, 11:14 PM

this makes me even more confident with my decision of picking up a toyota vehicle.

(Links to commercial web sites are not allowed in signatures without prior permission)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page