What Driving Games Can Teach You About Racing - Toyota Prius Forum : Toyota Prius Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 04-28-2011, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default What Driving Games Can Teach You About Racing

Since then, racing games have given us ever-more lifelike physics, graphics and artificial intelligence. Weíve even got the the chance to race online against other humans. Peripherals like real-feel steering wheels have gotten better; the best of them promise racing immersion from the comfort of our couches. Itís all been great fun for racing fans, but is any of it truly realistic? What do racing video games teach you about racing real cars?

Before I go further, let me say I know there are PC racing sims with far more realistic physics models than console games. Iíve played a couple of hours of GTR, but nothing more. But I have played lots of GT and Forza Motorsport and other console racers. Thatís the gaming experience I drew from as I tried doing it in real life.

Its a long but interesting read, about how PC video game racing or console racing no matter how realistic it may be, wither it be Forza or Grand Turismo or the acclaimed super physics engine of the new NFS game. Real life racing and video game racing will never be the same.

Read @ Wired for the full feature!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-28-2011, 05:25 PM

Even though playstation has hyped up their GT driving academy i still dont think that, real life can be directly translated into racing sims, as accurate as they are, racing sims lack realtime information and you can push the cars flat out lap after lap simply.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-29-2011, 03:11 PM

Well that was a no brainier.... thats how we get killed trying to make cars go all out corner after corner...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page