Good morning all,
I am deploying for a lengthy period. I was wondering what is the proper way to store a hybrid so it works when I come back?
I am planning to:
1. Add fuel stabilizer and fill up with ethanol free gas
2. Disconnect the 12VDC battery
3. Disconnect the safety from hybrid battery (the orange looking thingy in the trunk)... I am wondering if this is a good idea??? Eager to hear your inputs...
4. Give it a few wax coats
5. Inflate tires to max pressure
6. Change oil and filter... some recommend to do this when I come back... eager to hear inputs...
Any other things I am not thinking about????
Thanks for your inputs.
I think you have a pretty good plan except for the batteries.
How long do you plan to be gone ?
The HV battery gets disconnected with a big relay whenever the car is OFF.
It would be better to connect a good battery tender to the 12 V (NOT a cheap trickle charger) and if you do that, no need to disconnect it.
If there is any chance at all that rodents will be nearby, put out a couple of "safety" bait stations.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:58 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.