Toyota Prius Forums banner

hv Battery new cell and balance?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  LiranHershman 
#1 ·
I have a 2006 Prius with 250K, Triangle of death came on, red car with ! in the middle came on. Christmas tree of lights came on. I took the HV batter out, replaced the bad cell. Then I hooked all the batteries in parallel and let it sit. I did not try to charge the battery. I let it sit over night with the new cells. When I disconnected the batteries and tested them, each cell was at a perfect 7.65 volts. Balanced? I would think so. I re-installed the battery. hooked all the connections up, turned on the car. RED TRIANGLE OF DEATH, CHRISTMAS LIGHTS, AND NOTHING. Before I took it apart, the engine would start and run, although very slowly. No acceleration. NOW nothing. Won't start, lights up, powers up/ WHAT AM I MISSING? ANY SUGGESTIONS.
Josh Gates is online now Report Post

#2 ·
Tested the computer system with a OBD ll reader, turned the vehicle on in first position. Scanned the car. NO LINK was the read. What is going on? Any Suggestions. Check the fuses, all good. Battery computer go bad? Other post suggest the battery computer is good if the car was running.

#3 ·
Did you test the 12 V battery ??
A weak 12 V can cause all kinds of codes to come up.

Some folks have had a similar problem when they did not get the HV battery disconnect plug put back in properly.

P.S. I deleted the posts you made in the other forum.......at the end of somebody else's thread.
Please make your posts in only ONE sub-forum.
Duplicate posts just confuses matters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.