A smarter tire for the ones you love... Michelin Premier A/S - Toyota Prius Forum : Toyota Prius Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 03-26-2014, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default A smarter tire for the ones you love... Michelin Premier A/S

I recently had a chance to see Michelin's new Premier A/S and I was pretty impressed with what they've done. In order to maximize wet traction, wet handling and wet braking Michelin has designed the tread of the new Michelin Premier A/S to change/evolve as it wears. As the tire wears, its circumferential groves get wider and the sipes on both shoulders turn into new groves. By doing this the Michelin Premier A/S maintains about a 70% tread to 30% tread void throughout its life.

If you are a tire nut like I am, you'll agree... That's pretty darn cool!

In thinking more about this tire I was reminded of an experience I won't soon forget so I wrote about it here: Michelin Premier A/S - A smarter tire for the ones you love.

Are any of you planning to run the new Michelin Premier A/S (Sizes, Prices & Availability) on your Prius?

Low Prices! More Choices! FREE Shipping!
At The Store:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To Your Door:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Useful Links:

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page