Engine Code P1150 and P0A93 - Toyota Prius Forum : Toyota Prius Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 07-15-2015, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Default Engine Code P1150 and P0A93

I have a 2006 Prius and I was driving when all of a sudden a red triangle with an exclamation point, check engine light, a light that looks like this ((!)) on the dash panel, and the car with exclamation point on the touch screen all came on. So took it home and put a code reader on it and it was reading P0A93, which is the inverter water pump. So I replaced that and the fluid. Bleeded the system and started the car. All of the lights are off now except the check engine light. So put the code reader on it again and it is now reading P1150 and P0A93. What can this be? In my research I found that the could be a clog. Blead the system again to make sure no air bubbles but still nothing. I have read different things that it could be the coolant heat storage temperature sensor, failed water valve, or that the coolant isn't at the right temperature. How can I figure out where the problem is? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-15-2015, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

Also if I disconnect the battery to clear the code, the check engine light should come back on if there is truly something wrong, right?
post #3 of 4 Old 07-15-2015, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophiaRea View Post
Also if I disconnect the battery to clear the code, the check engine light should come back on if there is truly something wrong, right?
Yes.

What do those codes point to ?

What about the car was "rebuilt" ?

A truly wise man is one who knows that he knows not.

post #4 of 4 Old 07-16-2015, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

I'm not 100% sure what all was replaced on the car. Before I got the vehicle it was in a front end collision. The original owner of the car was my great uncle and he passed so my mother inherited the car and then gave it to me so I don't know where the car was fixed. I disconnected the battery last night and the check engine light when off. I am going to drive it today to see if the light comes back on. The code P1150 was saying it could be clogged cooling system, failed water valve, or failed CHS tank outlet temperature sensor. That is why I didn't know where to look first and if there was a way to test these.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page